Rainworks TikTok Affiliate Guide
How to Become a Rainworks Affiliate on TikTok
May 19 update: setting up affiliate partnerships will be temporarily on hold until I can get more product in stock. Don't worry, I'd still love to work with you! Thank you for your patience. -Peregrine
Welcome! If this is your first time getting set up as a TikTok Shop Creator:
To be an affiliate, you need to sign up as a “TikTok Shop Creator”. Currently TikTok requires you to be over 18 and have at least 5000 followers. Here’s how:
- Go to your profile in the TikTok app
- Click on【≡】button > Creator tools > TikTok Shop for Creator
- Apply and wait for your application to be approved
- Once you are approved, Set up a Commission account and add your contact details so you can get paid
Once you have finished getting set up as a TikTok Shop Creator, here is how to add Rainworks products to your Product Showcase!
- Go to the TikTok Product Marketplace and search for Rainworks
- Add our Rainworks TikTok Bundle product and any other products you will be showing in your videos
- TikTok Creators over 100K followers: you may be eligible to get a free sample of the Rainworks TikTok Bundle via the Product Marketplace.
Now anytime you make a video or go live you will have the ability to add a link to those products that people can buy directly on your video, earning you a commission of 15% of every sale! You add the link on the Publish Video screen by tapping “Add Link”. Here’s the TikTok guide to adding products to videos and LIVEs. Here’s the TikTok Shop Knowledge Hub for Creators.
If you have other platforms you would like an affiliate link for, reach out to me for a direct affiliate link for my website.
How to Be Successful as a Rainworks Affiliate
Now that you are fully set up as a Rainworks TikTok Affiliate, I’m sure you’re excited to make some Rainworks!
Let’s talk about the best ways to make them and make videos about them, and how to be a good representative for Rainworks, both the art and the company 😀
First thing’s first: Our mission is to make people smile! There is so much wholesome and fun potential with this art form. I probably don’t need to say this, but please keep the content you make somewhere between lawful good and chaotic neutral. Any illegal, disrespectful, or lewd content made as an affiliate will make me revoke our partnership. Please keep it respectful!
Important note: The word rainwork is used as a noun. A rainwork is what we call a piece of art that is invisible when dry and appears every time it rains. So use it as a single noun when talking about one piece of art (e.g. “I made a rainwork over there!”) Lots of people get confused about this because Rainworks is also the name of the company, so they use the plural when they don’t have to!
How to Make Rainworks
I want your rainworks to look as good as possible, so please read or watch our detailed tutorial on our website to make sure you know the ins and outs of installing rainworks. This is also where you can learn the best material for DIY stencils if you’ll be making your own stencils.
The most important things to remember are:
- Test the surface first to make sure it has good contrast between wet and dry. Light colored unsealed sidewalk concrete is usually the best. Asphalt/blacktop does not work.
- The surface must be dry and clean (sweep it!) before you install
- If you are spraying, remember to SPRAY LIGHTLY. One light coat that barely darkens the surface, then another even lighter coat, is all you need.
- Wait 10 minutes on hot days, 2 hours on cold days, before getting it wet. For maximum lifespan, wait 24 hours before getting a rainwork wet.
If you aren’t able to make your own stencils, reach out to me with your idea and we can talk about making you a custom stencil. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for Filming Rainworks
The main filming tip I have is about filming outdoors. If you are revealing it on a sunny day, keep the sun on your right or left side! If the sun is behind you, your shadow will cover part of the shot. And if the sun is in front of you it will reflect off the water on the ground and make the rainwork more difficult to see in the video. Consider this when deciding on the orientation of the rainwork when you are installing it.
If you are going to be looking at this rainwork on a rainy day, and it’s next to a tall structure (like a building or a tree), film the rainwork by standing so the rainwork is between you and the structure. That helps keep the reflection of the sky off the water, making it easier to see the rainwork.
It’s not the end of the world if you can’t follow these tips, but I want to be aware of them :)
- Surprise friends or kids by making them pour water on the ground to reveal a special message
- Challenge someone to hunt for the hidden rainwork using water balloons (pick up the balloon pieces when you’re done)
- Make flowers by real-life gardens
- Make rainy day messages in your neighborhood
- Make a series of paw prints or footprints that lead to a good message
- Paint something on the concrete (if you own the property) and then make a rainwork around it that interacts with it
How to Talk About Rainworks
You obviously know your audience better than I do, but here are some things that are good to bring up if you need ideas of what to say. And answers to frequently asked questions.
- This is a great activity for kids, classrooms, community programs
- Makes a great surprise, like a gender reveal or a marriage proposal
- Gives people a reason to smile on rainy days
- There’s a Rainworks App where you can add your rainworks to the map for other rainy-day explorers to find
Answers to the questions that you will get a LOT:
How does it work?
Invisible Spray is a hydrophobic coating. When you spray it through a stencil onto concrete, it keeps that part of the concrete from getting wet. Concrete normally turns dark when wet, so the next time it gets wet, everything turns dark except for where we sprayed, and the contrast between light and dark becomes the rainwork!
Is it safe for people or the environment?
Yes! Invisible Spray is made of non-toxic ingredients that do not harm humans or the environment.
How long does it last?
Depends on the quality of the concrete and how much foot traffic and weather it gets, but 2-4 months is typical. It’s also removable with a stiff scrub brush + eco-friendly cleaner.
Is it legal?
As long as you’re not making ads on the sidewalk, it’s legal on most public sidewalks where sidewalk chalk is allowed.
Where can I get it?
The link in your video or your product showcase in your TikTok profile ;)
That’s it for now! I can’t wait to see what rainworks you make!
Any questions? Reach out to me on TikTok or email me: email@example.com